The Disability section of our website has information about:
- developmental disability services – where to get services in Vermont, who is eligible, and how to apply
- disability-based discrimination in employment and discrimination in housing and what you can do about it
- what a "reasonable" accommodation or modification is
- what your rights are when you are asked to "prove" that you have a disability
- information on assistance animals in housing
- special education
- assistive technology and durable medical equipment (DME)
- the Client Assistance Program, which can help if you have problems applying for or getting vocational or independent living services
- other topics including long-term care and Social Security Disability Benefits (SSDI)
Choose from the menu of links for more information on these topics.
If you don't find the information you need or if you need more help, contact us. Call us at 1-800-889-2047 or fill out our form and someone from Vermont Law Help will call you.