This website provides general civil (non-criminal) legal information and helps you find free and low-cost civil legal aid, help and services in Vermont.
You will find:
- information and resources about your legal rights, the law and the courts
- help for your health care and health insurance issues
- a “Find Legal Help” tool that guides you step-by-step to legal and health care information and to a form to ask for advice
- links to state and community resources that may be able to help you
- legal forms and guides to help you prepare for a court appearance
- sample letters to help solve a problem — for example, with a landlord or bill collector
If you need more help or want to contact Legal Services Vermont or Vermont Legal Aid, visit our How We Can Help page.