The Disability section has information about:
- developmental disability services - where to get services, who is eligible and how to apply
- how to appeal if you are told you can't get developmental disability services or that your services will be cut or stopped
- how to file a complaint if an agency doesn't respect your rights
- what you can do about disability-based discrimination in housing (inlcuding information on assitance animals in housing) and employment situations
- what a "reasonable" accommodation or modification is
- what your rights are when you are asked to "prove" that you have a disability
- special education
- assistive technology and where you can apply for help to pay for it
- the Client Assistance Program (CAP) that can help if you have problems applying for or getting vocational or independent living services
- other topics including long-term care and Social Security
Choose from the menu of links for more information on these topics.
If you don't find the information you need or if you need more help, call Vermont Legal Aid at 1-800-889-2047.