Legal Help Request

  • Current About You
  • Address
  • Legal Problem
  • Contact
  • For Our Community Partners
Indicates required field

If you are a Vermont resident or you have a legal issue in Vermont, use this form to ask for help from Vermont Legal Aid and Legal Services Vermont. We will reply as soon as we can.

UPDATE: Callbacks typically within about 7 days.

  • Please look at the information on our website at to see if your questions are answered here.
  • Please do not submit the form twice for the same problem. Please do not also leave a voicemail about the same problem. This slows down our response time.
  • Give us as much detail as possible, including important dates and deadlines.
  • Look for a call back from a phone number that you may not recognize! Your caller ID might say 1-800-889-2047, Legal Services or VT Legal Aid.

Visit our How We Can Help page to learn about what to expect from us, how we can help with civil (not criminal) legal problems, how we help victims of crime, our in-person clinics and workshops, other Vermont legal help options, and legal help in another state.

Problems we cannot help with: We can’t help you with traffic violations. We can’t help you with most personal injury cases, workers compensation, and real estate law. We can’t help you if you are a landlord with a tenant problem. We also can’t defend you in a criminal case, but we do represent victims of crime or abuse in criminal cases and Relief from Abuse cases.

What is your name?
When we say “you” or “your,” we are asking about the person who has the legal problem.
Birth Date
Month Day Year

Do you need an interpreter?