Help for Your Legal Problem

At Vermont Legal Aid and Legal Services Vermont, we provide free civil (non-criminal) legal help to low-income people who live in Vermont.

If you are facing criminal charges, we cannot help you. You can do the following:

If you have a traffic violation, we cannot help you. You can contact the Vermont Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service.

If you are a victim of a crime you can contact the police. If you have a legal problem due to being a victim of a crime, you can contact us at Legal Services Vermont and Vermont Legal Aid.

If you have specific questions, consider asking questions through Vermont’s Free Legal Answers program.