How to Get a Free Credit Report
Do you want to get your credit report for free? You can get it online. Go to AnnualCreditReport.com. AnnualCreditReport.com is the real, free site.
Don't be Tricked by Fake Sites
A lot of scam companies are trying to take your hard-earned money. Don't get scammed!
Are you looking at a website that says you will get a free credit report, but you have to pay a fee or pay for a subscription to get your free credit report? That's a scam site.
Credit reports from the three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) are free once every 12 months through AnnualCreditReport.com.
Don't Reply to Pop-Up Ads or Emails about Free Credit Reports
Just go to AnnualCreditReport.com. AnnualCreditReport.com is the real, free site.
Learn More on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's Website
Read more about your right to a free credit report on the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Read about the scams fake sites are running on the FTC's Consumer Alert page.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the United States Government watchdog against consumer fraud and abuses. The FTC enforces federal consumer protection laws that prevent fraud, deception and unfair business practices.
- Advice for Consumers on Credit Card Protections (2010)
- Credit Repair: How to Help Yourself – Federal Trade Commission
- Credit Counseling & Help Paying Debt - Greenpath Debt Solutions
- Money and Credit - Vermont Attorney General
- Money Matters: Tips from the Federal Trade Commission
- Your Credit Card Rights - Consumer Assistance Program
- Growing Money - CVOEO
- Check your local Community Action Agency to find out if they offer credit counseling programs