The open enrollment period for buying (or changing) a 2020 Vermont Health Connect plan was November 1 - December 15, 2019. You can’t apply now for a 2020 Qualified Health Plan through Vermont Health Connect unless you have a “qualifying event” like losing insurance from your job, getting pregnant or having a baby.
The open enrollment period for buying (or changing) a 2021 Vermont Health Connect plan is November 1 - December 15, 2020. When you sign up for a health plan during this time, your plan will start January 1. Vermont Health Connect will soon post the rates and details for 2021 health plans on their website. This will include brochures and a plan comparison tool.
You can apply for Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur any time, even if you don’t have a qualifying event.
To apply for a Vermont Health Connect plan:
- Go to the Vermont Health Connect website to:
- Find out if you qualify for Medicaid, for Dr. Dynasaur or for help paying the insurance premium or other costs
- Find out how much help you qualify for
- Compare the costs of each plan's monthly premium, copays and coinsurance
- Pick a health plan and enroll online
- To get help picking the best plan for yourself and/or your family:
- Call or meet with trained helpers called assisters
- Call the Vermont Health Connect Customer Support Hotline: 1-855-899-9600
- Hotline hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.