If you have a qualifying event, you can sign up for a health plan through VHC. Do this to pick a plan:
- Learn about your insurance options: Use the 2023 Plan Comparison Tool on the Vermont Health Connect website to find out:
- If you are eligible for Medicaid, Dr. Dynasaur or a health plan with financial help.
- If you are eligible for a health plan, look at the costs for each plan – the premium (monthly cost), copays and coinsurance.
- Apply for insurance through VHC:
I might qualify for Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur
If you report that your household income is under a certain amount or that you are pregnant, you might qualify for Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur. Visit those pages to learn more.
What happens next?
When you apply for health insurance through VHC, they will check to see if you qualify for different programs based on your income and household size. These programs include Medicaid, Dr. Dynasaur and private health plans through VHC.
- If you apply online or by phone: VHC will tell you immediately if qualify for any of the programs and if you are eligible for financial help. You will also get a letter about your eligibility in the mail.
- If you apply with a paper application: You will get a letter about your eligibility in the mail.
If you disagree
If you apply and VHC makes a decision that you think is wrong, you can:
How to apply in special situations
We have more information about how to apply for these people:
- victims of domestic violence
- young adults under age 26
- people who have an offer of employer-sponsored health insurance