Dr. Dynasaur provides free or low-cost health coverage for:
- children and teens up to age 19, and
- pregnant women.
Whether or not your children can get Dr. Dynasaur depends on the number of people in your household and your income.
You can apply for Dr. Dynasaur as soon as you find out you are pregnant. If you are pregnant, your unborn baby (or babies) count as members of your household. For example: If you are married, have one child, and are pregnant with one baby, then the number of people in your household is four.
The monthly income limit for Dr. Dynasaur for children is 317% of the Federal Poverty Level for your household size.
The monthly income limit for Dr. Dynasaur for pregnant women is 213% of the Federal Poverty Level for your household size.
Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2019
|Persons in Family||213%||317%|
How to Apply
To apply for Dr. Dynasaur, visit the Vermont Health Connect website. You can apply for Dr. Dynasaur at any time during the year. You don’t have to wait for a Vermont Health Connect open enrollment period. If you are found not eligible, but your circumstances change, you can re-apply anytime.
How long will a child be eligible for Dr. Dynasaur?
- As long as your household income remains eligible, children can stay on Dr. Dynasaur until the last day of their birthday month when they turn age 19.
How long will a pregnant woman be eligible for Dr. Dynasaur?
- Dr. Dynasaur continues 60 days after the baby is born and then ends on the last day of the month in which the 60-day period ends.
- For example: If the baby is born on May 15th, Dr. Dynasaur coverage will end on the last day of July.
You will get a notice from the State of Vermont before your Dr. Dynasaur ends. You will qualify for a Special Enrollment Period that will allow you to enroll in other health insurance coverage.
- If you are already enrolled in Dr. Dynasaur for Pregnant Women and your income increases, you will continue to be eligible regardless of the income change.