About the CourtFormPrep Program
This CourtFormPrep program is for a parent who wants to change the amount of child support previously ordered by the court.
You will also need to fill out a Financial Affidavit, Forms 813A and 813B. You can get a copy of a blank 813A form and an 813B form on the Vermont Judiciary website. You can also use CourtFormPrep programs to fill out forms 813A and 813B.
You will need:
- Name and current address of other parent, if known
- Names and birth dates of the minor child or children
- Date of the most recent child support order
- Court that issued the most recent child support order
- Amount of child support the other party is required to pay
- Amount of supplemental maintenance and/or spousal maintenance obligation, if any
- Why you want to change the support order
- Whether child support would change by more than 10% if it were calculated today based on the child support guidelines (this information is helpful, but not required; the Office of Child Support can help you figure this out)
Learn more about Child Support.
If you have any questions about these forms, review the CourtFormPrep Frequently Asked Questions.
Note: You will be taken to our partner website called LawHelp Interactive.