About the Program
This program is for a parent who wants to change the amount of child support previously ordered by the court.
You will also need to fill out a Financial Affidavit, Forms 813A and 813B. You can get a copy of a blank 813A form and an 813B form by going to the Vermont Judiciary website. You can also use CourtFormPrep programs to fill out forms 813A and 813B.
You will need:
- Name and current address of other parent, if known
- Names and birth dates of the minor child or children
- Date of the most recent child support order
- Court that issued the most recent child support order
- Amount of child support the other party is required to pay
- Amount of supplemental maintenance and/or spousal maintenance obligation, if any
- Why you want to change the support order
- Whether child support would change by more than 10% if it were calculated today based on the child support guidelines (this information is helpful, but not required; the Office of Child Support can help you figure this out)
Note: You will be taken to our partner website called LawHelp Interactive.
If you have any questions about these forms, review the CourtFormPrep Frequently Asked Questions.