Free legal clinics for Vermont seniors 60+
Vermont Legal Aid is hosting virtual legal advice clinics by phone. Vermont seniors — age 60 or more — can ask legal questions about COVID-19 related assistance, federal and state benefits, housing, unemployment, consumer debt or certain other civil legal topics. Contact us to book your free 20-minute appointment.
Date: Thursday, February 23, 2023
Time: 9 - 11:30 a.m.
To schedule an appointment: Follow this link, answer a couple of questions, and fill out our online form. Or call 802-318-4169.
If you have an immediate legal problem, call our general phone number and ask for help: 1-800-889-2047.
The Seniors section of our website provides information on a variety of legal topics that are relevant to senior citizens.
Please choose a topic from the menu of links on this page.
- Abuse and exploitation
- Advance Directives
- Deciding how your property will be distributed
- Financial Power of Attorney
- Grandparents’ rights
- Guardianship for adults
- Long-term care
- Medicaid-Medicare dual eligible
- Social Security
- Other resources
COVID-19 vaccine and boosters
- You can be vaccinated in Vermont even if you are not a Vermont resident.
- Booster shots are available in Vermont. Learn more on the Vermont Department of Health website.
- English language learners and people in immigrant/refugee communities can sign up a couple of ways. This includes calling the Association of Africans Living in Vermont (AALV) at 802-985-3106 or USCRI VT at 802-655-1963.
- Homebound Vermonters can call their home health agency, or call 802-863-7240 (toll-free 1-833-722-0860).
- Veterans of all ages who use VA Healthcare can call 802-296-5151. Veterans not enrolled in VA Healthcare can call 802-295-9363 extension 4004 or 5118.
The shots are free. You don’t need to have health insurance. See the Vermont Department of Health (DOH) website to find a vaccination site or call 1-800-464-4343 toll-free. Translated information is also found on the DOH website or call that number and press 1. Translations in नेपाली (Nepali), Soomaali (Somali), Español (Spanish), Swahili, Kirundi, မြန်မာစာ (Burmese), العربية (Arabic), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) and Français (French).
Free rides for vaccination: Vermonters who don't have access to their own transportation can get a free ride to their vaccination. Find your local provider on the VPTA website and make a reservation in advance.