Free legal clinics for Vermont seniors 60+
Vermont Legal Aid is hosting virtual legal advice clinics by phone. Vermont seniors — age 60 or more — can ask legal questions about COVID-19 or any civil legal question. We can help with health care, social security, consumer debt, housing, unemployment and more. Contact us to book your free 20-minute appointment.
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Time: 9 - 11:30 a.m.
To schedule an appointment: Follow this link, answer a couple of questions, and fill out our online form. Or call 802-318-4169.
If you have an immediate legal problem, call our general phone number and ask for help: 1-800-889-2047.
The Seniors section of our website provides information on a variety of legal topics that are relevant to senior citizens.
Please choose a topic from the menu of links on this page.
- Anyone age 12 and older is eligible to be vaccinated, regardless of where you are a resident.
- Vermonters who are Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, can sign up a couple of ways. See the Vermont Department of Health website to learn how.
- English language learners and people in immigrant/refugee communities can sign up a couple of ways. This includes calling the Association of Africans Living in Vermont (AALV) at 802-985-3106 or USCRI VT at 802-655-1963.
- Homebound Vermonters can call their home health agency, or call 802-863-7240 (toll-free 833-722-0860).
- Veterans of all ages who use VA Healthcare can call 802-296-5151. Veterans not enrolled in VA Healthcare can call 802-295-9363 extension 4004 or 5118.
The shots are free. You don’t need to have health insurance. See the Vermont Department of Health (DOH) website to sign up or call 1-855-722-7878 toll-free. Translated information is also found on the DOH website or call that number and press 1. Translations in नेपाली (Nepali), Soomaali (Somali), Español (Spanish), Swahili, Kirundi, မြန်မာစာ (Burmese), العربية (Arabic), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) and Français (French).
Free rides for vaccination: Vermonters who don't have access to their own transportation can get a free ride to their scheduled vaccine clinic. Find your local provider on the VPTA website and make a reservation in advance.