Health Care Advocate (HCA) HelpLine
Call 1-800-917-7787 to speak with a health care advocate, or fill out our Help Request Form.
Vermont’s HCA HelpLine is a free resource available to help all Vermonters solve problems related to health care. We:
- answer questions
- help you solve problems with Vermont Health Connect and other health coverage
- tell you what free and lower-cost programs you may be eligible for
- help you apply for and get free and lower-cost health coverage
- find out what your health plan covers
- provide advice about how to solve billing problems and make complaints
- work for fair treatment and affordable health services for everyone
The Office of the Health Care Advocate is not an insurance company and is not part of Vermont state government. It is a special project within Vermont Legal Aid, an independent non-profit law firm.
How to Get Help
1. Contact us. To get help with a health care issue, call the HCA HelpLine at 1-800-917-7787. To speak with an advocate, call during business hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday, except holidays) or call anytime and leave a message. You can also ask for help by filling out our Help Request Form.
2. Use our online help tool. Answer a few questions to find the health care information you need. Click and choose “Health.”
3. Browse our pages. Browse the menu of links of health care topics.