Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont and MVP offer insurance plans through Vermont Health Connect. Every plan must offer these 10 basic health benefits or Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC):
- Children's health services
- Emergency care
- Lab services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- Outpatient services
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
When you apply for insurance through Vermont Health Connect, you or your children will be enrolled in Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur, if you qualify.
Vision and dental coverage are included in Vermont Health Connect plans through December 31 of the year the insured turns 21. Adults over this age limit can purchase dental insurance from Delta Dental separately through Vermont Health Connect.