About the CourtFormPrep Program
This program can be used by a married person who wants a divorce or a legal separation. It can also be used by a partner who wants to dissolve a civil union.
The interview will produce all of the documents that you need to file your action except the Department of Health form and the income and expense affidavit (813A) and a property and asset affidavit (813B).
Click on this link to get the Department of Health form. You can get a copy of a blank 813A form and an 813B form on the Vermont Judiciary website. You can also use CourtFormPrep programs to fill out forms 813A and 813B.
Before you start, you will need:
- Name and address of your spouse or partner
- Birth date of spouse or partner, if you know it
- The date you got married
- The date you separated, if any
- Information about any other court cases for divorce, legal separation, dissolution or annulment that you or your spouse/partner filed before
- Information about any cases for relief from abuse that you or your spouse have filed before
If you have minor children with your spouse/partner, you will also need:
- Names and birth dates of your children
- Names and addresses of people who have lived with your children in the past 5 years
- Addresses for your children for the past 5 years
Learn more about Divorce in Vermont.
If you have any questions about these forms, review the CourtFormPrep Frequently Asked Questions.
Note: You will be taken to our partner website called LawHelp Interactive.
PDF Version of the Form to Print or Fill Out
Want a PDF version of this form instead? Here are the PDF versions of the Complaint form if you have children and the Complaint form if you don't have children. Find more divorce court forms on the Vermont Judiciary website.