About the Program
This program will help you fill out the form to ask the court to order the other party to give you and the court more information about their financial situation.
You should use this interview if:
- you have an order from Small Claims Court that says another person or business has to pay you money
- it has been more than 30 days since you have been paid and
- you want to ask the court to enforce the order
If you don't have a judgment yet and you want to sue someone, do not use this form. Take a look at the Small Claims Complaint form for more information.
This interview will produce a Motion for Financial Disclosure. You should only use this form after you have a judgment and the judgment has not been paid for more than 30 days.
Before you start, you will need:
- a copy of the judgment
- the name and address of the person who owes you money
- the amount of money you are owed
Small Claims Court is meant to be easy to use for people who are representing themselves. You can hire a lawyer if you want to, but you are not required to hire a lawyer. If you decide to represent yourself in Small Claims Court, you can get more information about what you will need to do and how Small Claims Court works by going to the Vermont Judiciary's Small Claims website.
Note: You will be taken to our partner website called LawHelp Interactive.
If you have any questions about these forms, review the CourtFormPrep Frequently Asked Questions.