Medicaid, Dr. Dynasaur & Vermont Health Connect
Vermont has created programs to help Vermonters get health care and prescription assistance. The state’s health care programs are called Green Mountain Care.
The Green Mountain Care insurance programs are listed here. Click the links to learn more about each program.
- Medicaid for Children and Adults (MCA) — includes Dr. Dynasaur coverage for children and teens under age 19 and for pregnant women
- Medicaid for Vermonters who are blind, disabled or age 65 or older (MABD)
- Medicaid for Vermont’s working disabled (MWD)
- Long-Term Care Medicaid (Choices for Care) — helps pay for long-term care services for Vermonters who qualify
Green Mountain Care has two prescription assistance programs to help Vermonters who qualify:
- VPharm — Helps Vermonters with prescription drug costs. You must be enrolled in Medicare Part D and qualify based on income, disability status and age.
- Healthy Vermonters — Offers a discount on prescription drugs. Eligibility is based on your family income and there is no monthly premium.
Appeals & Fair Hearings
If Medicaid / Green Mountain Care won’t pay for a medical service you need or makes another decision about your benefits, they will send you a written notice. If you don’t agree, you can ask for an appeal or a fair hearing. Learn more on our Appeals – State / Medicaid Decisions page.
Vermont Health Connect
Learn more about getting health insurance through Vermont Health Connect.