If you don’t have health insurance, sign up with Vermont Health Connect by April 17.
Special Enrollment Period:
- March 20 through April 17, 2020
- You must be currently uninsured.
- If you already on a Vermont Health Connect plan, you are not eligible to use this Special Enrollment Period to change plans.
- You can self-attest that your are currently uninsured (that means you do not need a document showing you are uninsured).
Applicants Terminated for Non-Payment of Premiums in 2020:
- If this applies to you, you will be required to pay your prior balance plus first month’s premium.
Health Coverage Effective Date:
- You may choose either April 1 or May 1 for the coverage to start.
- You may choose either date even if your plan is not confirmed before April 1.
How to sign up:
- Go to the Vermont Health Connect website.
- Review the Qualified Health Plan brochures to see plan information like deductibles and premiums.
- Enter some family and income information into the Plan Comparison Tool to see what kind of financial help you can get to pay the premiums. It will tell you your estimated total monthly cost for a plan.
- Enter the income you expect to earn for the year.
- When you apply, you will also be automatically screened to see if you are eligible for Medicaid.
- Apply online or over the phone.
If you need help: