VIDEO: Health Insurance and Access to Health Care. On April 30, Annalee Beaulieu of the Office of the Health Care Advocate at Vermont Legal Aid answered questions about health insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and access to health care. Watch the video on Facebook or YouTube.
Special Enrollment Period if you lose your insurance
If you lose your job-based insurance at any time of the year, you may have a Special Enrollment Period of 60 days to get onto a Vermont Health Connect plan. Learn more.
How to sign up:
- Go to the Vermont Health Connect website.
- Review the Qualified Health Plan brochures to see plan information like deductibles and premiums.
- Enter some family and income information into the Plan Comparison Tool to see what kind of financial help you can get to pay the premiums. It will tell you your estimated total monthly cost for a plan.
- Enter the income you expect to earn for the year.
- When you apply, you will also be automatically screened to see if you are eligible for Medicaid.
- Apply online or over the phone.
If you need help:
- Call Vermont Health Connect toll-free at 1-855-899-9600.
- Contact us at the Office of the Health Care Advocate (HCA). Call 1-800-917-7787 to speak with a health care advocate, or fill out our Help Request Form. The HCA is a free service for Vermonters.
Are you now eligible for Medicaid?
You can apply for Medicaid at any time. If you are making less money or no money, it makes sense to see if you are now eligible for Medicaid. Learn more on our Medicaid pages.
Learn about the Vermont Health Connect open enrollment period