February 26, 2014
Please take action now if you don’t want to risk waiting until 2015 to be covered by a health care plan.
- If you have Catamount or VHAP health coverage, your coverage will end March 31.
- If you enroll in another plan through Vermont Health Connect by March 15 (and pay any premium you owe by March 31), your new plan will begin on April 1. Your premium payment must be postmarked by the last day of the month.
- If you enroll in a Vermont Health Connect plan between March 15 and March 31 and pay your premium on time, your new plan will begin May 1.
- If you don’t enroll in a Vermont Health Connect plan by March 31, you will have a 2-month grace period (until May 31) to enroll in a new plan through Vermont Health Connect. This means that you could risk not having insurance between April 1 and June 30, depending on when you pick a plan and pay your first premium (if you owe one.)
- If you don’t enroll in a Vermont Health Connect plan by May 31, you will have to wait until January 1, 2015 to be covered by a health care plan unless you are able to get insurance through your employer, are eligible for Medicaid, or have a qualifying event.
- The open enrollment period for Vermont Health Connect will end March 31.
- If you do not have insurance now, and you don’t enroll in an insurance plan through Vermont Health Connect by March 31, you will have to wait until January 1, 2015 at the earliest to get health care coverage, unless you become eligible for insurance through an employer, become eligible for Medicaid, or have a qualifying event.
Go to Vermont Health Connect to enroll and pick a plan.
You can also call 1-855-899-9600 to get help enrolling over the phone Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you want to get help in person, you can find a list of navigatorson the Vermont Health Connect website. Click the box under the word “County.” Pick your county or a county near you, then click “Apply” to find the navigators closest to you.