Here is a partial list of people who are not eligible for 3SquaresVT:
- people who quit work without a good reason or do not follow the 3SquaresVT work rules
- students who are enrolled half time or more in college (however, there are many exemptions to this rule)
- people who do not give their Social Security Number
- people who were disqualified for an intentional program violation
- fleeing felons
- people who live in an institution, with some exemptions
- residents of commercial boarding houses, with some exemptions
- strikers – households with striking members are not eligible for food stamps unless the household was eligible for 3SquaresVT before the strike
You may qualify, even if you are a member of one of these groups. See our Eligibility Rule Exemptions page for more details.
Please visit this Do I Qualify web page to find out more.