About the Program
A parentage case is a case to decide:
- the identity of both parents of the child or children
- parental rights and responsibilities (custody)
- parent child contact (visitation schedule) and
- child support
This program can be used by the mother or father of the minor child or children.
The program will fill out all of the documents that you need to file your action except the income and expense affidavit (813A). You can get a copy of a blank 813A form by going to the Vermont Judiciary Website. You can also use a CourtFormPrep program to fill out the Form 813A.
You will need:
- name and address for the other parent (if you are not sure who the father is, you need the name of the person you think is the father)
- birth date of the other parent, if you know it
- names and birth dates of the minor child or children
- names and addresses for the people the children have lived with in the past 5 years
- information about any prior actions for divorce, legal separation, dissolution or annulment
- information about any prior actions for relief from abuse
Note: You will be taken to our partner website called LawHelp Interactive.