If you have trouble paying for the food you and your family need, apply for 3SquaresVT. 3SquaresVT is Vermont’s food stamp program. You can:
- apply for 3SquaresVT online
- download and print a paper application here (the application is 20 pages long)
- get an application from your local Department for Children and Families Economic Services Division (ESD) Office
- call DCF/ESD at 1-800-479-6151 to have them mail you the 3SquaresVT application
The application process usually goes like this:
- You fill out the application online, or bring it or mail it to DCF/ESD.
- You receive a notice from a DCF/ESD worker about 3SquaresVT.
- You call the department to set up your interview (you can have the interview by phone or in person).
- If you qualify, you will receive your EBT card in the mail.
The 3SquaresVT Interview
DCF/ESD will need your pay stubs, proof of any other income, rent or mortgage payments, utility bills, child care bills and any child support orders. If you receive Social Security disability benefits or Railroad or Veterans’ Benefits, you should give DCF/ESD copies of your medical bills and receipts for all of your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
Your Right to a Timely Decision
You have a right to a timely decision from the Department for Children and Families (DCF). If you give the information that you are asked to provide, DCF has to give you an answer within 30 days. You may qualify for a faster decision. Find out more about your right to a timely decision.