You may get 3SquaresVT if you qualify for an exemption. Here is a list of some of the most common exemptions:
You may qualify for 3SquaresVT if you are a student and one of the following applies to you:
- You work at least 20 hours a week.
- You receive Federal Work study money.
- You are under age 18 or over age 50.
- You are physically or mentally unable to work and go to school.
- You receive Reach Up cash assistance and take care of a child under age 6.
- You are a full time student and a single parent of a child under age 12.
- You attend school through one of the following programs:
- Job Training Partnership Act
- The Workforce Act or Trade Investment Act
- A Vermont State Employment and Training Program
You may qualify for 3SquaresVT if you are living in an institution or commercial boarding house and one of the following applies:
- You are a resident of an alcohol or drug treatment center and your children live with you.
- You are a disabled or blind resident of a group living arrangement.
- You are a survivor of domestic violence and you and your child are living in a domestic violence shelter.
- You reside in a homeless shelter.