Do-It-Yourself Legal Forms
Welcome! On this page you will find a list of self-help legal forms that are free for all people to use. It is advisable to discuss your case with a lawyer before proceeding on your own. You may qualify for free legal help through Vermont Legal Aid. To find out if you qualify, us at 800-889-2047.
The CourtFormPrep interviews will guide you through the forms you will need to file most Small Claims and Family Division cases and to open an estate in Probate. This interactive online program takes you step by step through the forms needed to file or respond to a Small Claims Case, Financial Disclosure, Divorce, Legal Separation, Dissolution of a Civil Union. This program can also help you file to enforce or modify support and can help with the complicated Financial Affidavit forms. This program has been approved by the Vermont Judiciary.
Please read the FAQ about interactive forms.
These forms are simple to fill out. Both the form and the instructions are available. To read the forms, you need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you cannot type in the form, simply print it and fill in the blanks in pen.
- Answer Form (PDF) - You can use this form to respond to your Landlord's Eviction Complaint
- Answer Instructions - Instructions to help you fill out the Answer Form.
- Counterclaims Form (PDF) - You can use this form to file Counterclaims against your landlord. Counterclaims must be filed with or after an Answer.
- Counterclaims Instructions - Information on how to fill out the Counterclaims Form.
- Security Deposit Return Letter (PDF)
- Repair Letter (PDF) - Form Letter that asks your landlord to repair unsafe or unhealthy conditions in your home.
- Notice Against Trespass (PDF)
- Appeal Letter to Ask for a Housing Authority Hearing (PDF)
The Vermont Judiciary has an extensive list of forms and instructions available at:
Search This Site
May 16, 2013
May 13, 2013
April 25, 2013
- 1 of 34